Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A Prayer for Healing for Emotional Wounds

Try

Father God,

You know every wound that is hidden within my heart; every lie, every fear, and every tear. You see the condemnation, shame, and regret I am carrying, especially as I look back on my past. I give this burden and bondage to You, LORD, and I repent for my part in this. I also choose to forgive those who have committed offenses against me. I ask that You heal and release me from all emotional strongholds that have hindered me from experiencing the fullness of Your love and grace.

Today, I take Your yoke, Jesus, as Your burden is light, and there is no condemnation for those hidden in You.

I choose to live a life with eternal purpose, even when things seem hopeless.

I will not harbor hate or resentment, even when I am ignored or abandoned.

I will live with Your peace and remember my value, even when I am rejected.

I will pray with Your heart and love with Your love, even when I am hurt orscorned.

I will forgive with Your mercy and grace, even when I am betrayed.

I will not operate out of a spirit of fear; for, I know You are faithful and true to Your promises.

I will not let heartache reign; I will move forward in faith.

I will not blame others for my wayward thoughts and emotions; I will take ownership and ask for forgiveness.

I will not engage in unhealthy behaviors when I am wounded; I will run into Your arms, as You cover me with Your balm…until my cup runs over.

I will stand on Your Truth and promises, regardless of the circumstances…
because I know YOUR LOVE NEVER FAILS!

So, LORD, I pray for holy discernment and righteous conviction as I align my emotions with Your Truth; for strength of endurance as I actively bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ; and for a heart softened to Your will for me in Christ Jesus.

I pray all these things in the Name of my Precious Savior, Jesus Christ,
Amen!