Saturday, November 28, 2015

I Love You Too Much to Let You Wander...



“They defiled themselves by their evil deeds, and their love of idols was adultery in the LORD’s sight.”
(Psalms 106:39)

I love you too much to allow for divided loyalties. My covenant calls for single-minded worship. I am like a husband who gets angry when someone else competes for the heart of my wife or when her heart trolls for other lovers.

So you must not commit adultery against me. Don't let your heart turn from me and go after other lovers in this world. Whatever lures your affections away from me with its deceptive attractions will not love you well. It will strip you bare and cut you in pieces.

As you forsake all other gods, cleaving only to me and living for my honor, you will find that my jealousy is not a threat but a comfort. You will rest in knowing that anything and anyone who threatens your good will be opposed with my divine power.

Lord, my heart is prone to wander. But as I begin to understand your passionate commitment to me, my heart becomes more tightly bound to yours, and all other lovers in this world lose their appeal...

-Abundant Life