Monday, December 28, 2020

Lead Me To The Rock

The Psalms are the prayers of King David during the most overwhelming times of His life. His trials and problems always brought Him to his knees before God.

He knew when He was overwhelmed and had reached the limit of what he could endure, to cry out to the One who can bear all things and gives us rest. .

We too can cry out to that same Rock – to Jesus Christ - our rock of deliverance, our rock of defense, our rock of salvation, our rock of our strength.

David cries out “Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.” Notice our job is to cry out to God in our distress, and the job of the Holy Spirit is to lead us to Jesus.

If you are overwhelmed today, if your circumstances are more than you can bear, cry out to Jesus – to the Rock that is his higher than you and higher than your circumstances, higher than all your problems.

He will deliver you. He will bring you to a place of rest, strength, and victory. .

Psalm 18:46 

The LORD lives; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalm 27:5 

For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.

Psalm 40:2 

He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and put my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.

Psalm 62:26

He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be moved.