Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Our Savior, Our Friend

Jesus, You are our greatest, truest friend. You laid down Your life for us and spilled Your Precious Blood, so we could come to know You. 

You are the Counselor on High and The True Physician. You are our Advocate, Shepherd, Savior, Bridegroom, Rock, Salvation, Strong Tower of Strength…

And, LORD Jesus, we run to you!

John 10:11
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe.

Isaiah 9:6
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus told them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever--

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold

Isaiah 61:10
I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me.

John 15:15

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you.