Monday, October 15, 2018

A Prayer for Those Struggling With Forgiveness

Holy and Heavenly Father God,

You promise if we confess our sins, You are faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. LORD, I realize unconfessed sin keeps me in torment and bondage, a heavy load of shame and guilt that You do not desire for me to bear. I hereby confess these sins and surrender this burden to You, LORD; and I take Your yoke instead.

Jesus, YOU ALONE carried on The Cross the weight of every sin, of all mankind! You alone are the atoning sacrifice! You alone are the way to reconciliation with The Father! You alone rescued me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to Your Kingdom of Heaven! Jesus, I thank You and praise You for what You have done for me; that I am forgiven, set free, and a new creation purposed to spend Eternity with You. I claim this victory today and every day, in the Holy and Righteous Name of Jesus!

LORD, I pray for Your sweet and cleansing gift of forgiveness. I surrender my will to You and ask for Your presence and guidance in my life. I am dependent upon You alone to meet my needs, and I will not look for a substitute in anyone or anything else. I pray You will set my mind on things above and show me how to see myself and others as You see us, as precious children of The Living God. Show me how to be transparent before You; remind me that Your love is pure, and Your arms are open wide.

LORD, I praise You and thank You for the ways you have forgiven me. Teach me how to forgive myself and others, as many times as it takes, that I may receive the precious freedom You so graciously promise. For, those You set free, are free indeed!

In the Name of Jesus, I pray for You to demolish any strongholds, any barriers, that prevent me from accessing Your free gifts of love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Show me more every day how to yield to You, Precious Savior; how to receive and to be a carrier of Your grace, according to Your will. Give me a clean heart, filled with the full measure of Your mercy and love, that I may extend the same to others. Set me free, LORD. Sanctify me. Wash me whiter than snow and cover me with Your Grace.

In the Name of my Precious Savior, Jesus Christ,
Amen!

Ephesians 1:7
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace,

Ephesians 4:32
Be kind and tender-hearted to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.”

Matthew 5:44
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive any complaint you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Luke 23:34
Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up His garments by casting lots.

Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Matthew 6:12
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.