Friday, December 2, 2016

The Right Thoughts



It is so easy to let our thoughts run away from us. You know, the inward chatter that goes on all day. The voice when you get up in the morning, the musing on the drive to work, the stewing over events on the way home. Inner thoughts are powerful. 

They create emotions which in turn cause actions. Paul is saying that we have to take ownership of our inner dialog. 

It is so easy to be negative, anxious, angry, doubtful, bitter or carnal in our thinking. Instead, we need to be responsible for what we think and deliberately focus on true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praise worthy thoughts. What a difference this discipline would bring to our life.

Father, I give you my thought life. I want you to be Lord of both my conscious and unconscious part of my being. You know my thought process. You know my habitual thinking patterns. I bring them to you. I ask that you help me today, begin a habit of focusing on true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praise worthy thoughts.

In Jesus Name, Amen