Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Lord Stood With Me



“But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear.”
2 Timothy 4:17

At Paul’s first trial before Nero, things looked so dark that all of his companions forsook him. “At my defense no one stood with me, “he said, “but all forsook me” (2 Timothy 4:16)

How horrible it feels to be abandoned. The Bible says that “a friend loves at all times” (Proverbs 17:17), but too often we discover that what we thought were true friends were really only acquaintances. 

Though all others may leave you, Jesus will always stand with you.  The Lord will not forsake His people. As David said, “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me.” (Psalm 23:4)

As long as I know The Lord is standing with me, I can face the trials of tomorrow and the uncertainties of the future.

Today you might feel like Paul – deserted, standing alone, and facing an unknown future. On this dark night, you can be certain that Jesus stands with you. “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20). He said, “I will never leave you or forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5)

As someone once said, “I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow, and I know Who holds my hand.” He will stand with me and see me through.

“Father, we thank You that we have such wonderful assurance that You will be with us.  Hold us up, Lord, when we think we can’t take anymore. Hold us with Your right hand.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Pastor Chuck Smith
Wisdom For Today Genesis – Revelation Daily Devotional  2010