Friday, September 18, 2015

Limited Understanding...


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

The problem with leaning on our own understanding-it is finite, fallible, subjective and limited. However, as we get to intimately know our God and His character, we can trust in Him and His infinite knowledge with all of our hearts, and trust that He will direct our paths.

For who is God?

“As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. “For who is God, except the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.”
(II Samuel 22:31-33)

“The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” (Psalms 18:2)

He is perfect.  He is mighty to save, He is all powerful, He is all knowing and He is our Rock and stronghold. He knows the beginning from the end.  He is rich in love, mercy and abounding in grace.  When we acknowledge Him for all that He is and His praise be on our lips it brings about a peace which directs our steps.  He makes our crooked path straight by His still voice and faithful promises.

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.” (Psalm 20:7)