Friday, June 17, 2016

Trust In The Lord

When life happens and trials come your way, where do you turn to for help? Do you turn to your own strength for help? Do you look to others? Or do you cling to some humanistic positive thinking saying or motto; “When life gives you lemons make lemonade,” or  “That which doesn’t kill me only makes me stronger.”
None of these things will help you. Everyone faces trials how we overcome them depends on who you turn to for help and refuge.
Don’t turn to others. Don’t turn to yourself. Don’t think some positive thinking saying will get you through dark times.  Instead, put your trust in the Lord. He will walk through the hard times with you, and when you come out on the other side, you will see that He has a plan for you that is good through it all.

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

2 Samuel 7:28 And now, O Lord GOD, you are that God, and your words be true, and you have promised this goodness to your servant: 

Psalms 9:10 And they that know your name will put their trust in you: for you, LORD, have not forsaken them that seek you.
  
Psalms 13:5 But I have trusted in your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 

Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Psalms 31:14 But I trusted in you, O LORD: I said, You are my God.

Psalms 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in you.