Friday, March 25, 2016

The Cross of Love

Love so Wide

Love so Long

Love so High

Love So Deep

That you my Jesus would willingly lay down your life for a wretched and rebellious sinner like me washing away my sins and removing my guilt and shame. Your love rescued me from the darkest pit and set me free. Thank you, my precious Savior, for enduring the cross that I might live. I am humbled by the magnitude of your love and grace for me.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten so that whosoever would believe in Him would not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

“For the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2)

“Greater love has no one than this than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” John 15:6
"I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Galatians 5:20)

“God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.” (! John 4:9)

“"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11)
"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

“Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.” 1 Peter 1;18-19

“Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.” (1 Peter 2:24)