Friday, January 16, 2015

How Can We Trust God?






How do we know we can trust someone?   We observe their behavior.  Are they kind, loving and considerate of others?  Do they take the time to listen to you and communicate with you?  Are they honest, reliable and keep their promises? Trustworthy people have certain characteristics.  In order to earn trust,  you must become trustworthy.

When you have trust in a relationship, you know that relationship is secure and solid because it is built on trust. When you don't have trust, you live in insecurity because you never know  if you can count on that person.No matter how sincere and well intentioned people are they will fail you at some point but there is one who never will.

The word of God declares that there is only one that you can depend on fully. You can trust His behavior because He displayed love in action by willingly shedding His precious blood so that you may have eternal life. He is the best communicator. He knows your very thoughts and beckons you to come to communicate with Him in prayer. He is the best listener. He is reliable. The bible declares that He will never leave you or forsake you. He is with you always. He is honest, never wavering in His commitment to you and He keeps His promises.

Jesus Christ has proven over and over again that He can be trusted. Look over at your life. He has been there in the mountain tops and in the valleys. He is a loyal God who can be trusted at all times. It is the essence of who He is. That is why He shows unfailing love and faithfulness, no matter how much you disappoint him when you step out of His will for your life because it hurts you and keeps you from experiencing His best for you.  God loves you no matter what.  You can count on that! There is an awesome blessing we get from trusting God.... complete and utter peace. "You will keep those in perfect peace whose mind is set on you. " Isaiah 26:3




Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”

Nahum 1:7 “The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. ”

Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”

Nahum 1:7 “The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. ”

Job 13:15 “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.”

Psalm 7:1 “O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:”

Psalm 25:1, 2 “Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.”

Proverbs 30:5 “Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”Trust God; He will Deliver as Promised

Psalm 9:10 “And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.”

Psalm 22:4 “Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.”

Psalm 37:5 “Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”

Psalm 56:3 , 4 “When I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.”

Psalm 71:5 “For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.”