Sunday, December 7, 2014

God Breathed To Transform





The bible is comprised of 66 books written over a period of about 1,500 years by over 40 different authors from all walks of life, with different kinds of personalities, gifts, struggles, and in all sorts of situations. 

Yet it is God breathed. It is unified and fits perfectly together to unveil God's love for His people. It's a story about redemption and restoration and reveals the heart of God to reconcile with His people. 

God's word brings change. It transforms us from the inside out. It sets us free.

In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.
 John 1:1

I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word. 
Psalm 119:16



Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
Psalm 119:11



Every word of God is tried and purified; He is a shield to those who trust and take refuge in Him.
Proverbs 30:5



For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.
 Hebrews 4:12



Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law.
Psalm 119:8



I will meditate on Your precepts and have respect to Your ways [the paths of life marked out by Your law].
 Psalm 119:15



Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action).
 2 Timothy 3:16



He is dressed in a robe dyed by dipping in blood, and the title by which He is called is The Word of God.
Revelation 19:16


But what does it say? The Word (God's message in Christ) is near you, on your lips and in your heart; that is, the Word (the message, the basis and object) of faith which we preach. 
Romans 10: 8



Sky and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. 
Matthew 24: 35



Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
Psalm 119: 105



So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls. 
James 1: 21



But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth]. 
James 1: 22



I delight to do Your will, O my God; yes, Your law is within my heart.
 Psalm 40: 8



So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:11