Friday, May 27, 2022

A prayer for restoration of peace...



LORD God,

I pray that today and every day Your peace will rule my heart...

I ask Your forgiveness for the things I have allowed to steal my peace - envy, guilt, self-centeredness, pride, bitterness, fear, and doubt. I choose to unite with You, to put away these things, and replace them with Your Fruits of The Spirit...

Father, I surrender my mind, will, emotion, and conduct to You, and pray that The Prince of Peace will reign supremely in my heart. In The Name of Jesus, I ask for deliverance and strength to resist the enemy in his desire to wreak havoc on my emotions and thought life. I pray for discernment of Your Will and Truth, and I invite You in to purify my heart and sustain me as I keep my thoughts captive in Christ...

When I feel violated, I will forgive;

When I feel envious, I will edify and bless;

When I feel bitter or resentful, I will extend love and grace;

When I feel the need to vindicate, I will show mercy;

When I am afraid, I will be faithful and trust in You;

When I am skeptical, I will cling to Your Truth;

When I feel prideful, self-centered, or a need to control, I will surrender to Your Will;

When I feel guilt or shame, I will seek Your forgiveness and remember there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.

I thank You and praise You, Father, for the comfort of Your promises and Your gift of eternal peace. I pray that today and every day I will walk in the peace I am called to and honor You in my thoughts and actions. .

In The Name of Jesus, my precious and beautiful Savior, I pray these things,

Amen!

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Colossians 3:15

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Romans 14:19 

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

.

Psalm 51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.