Wednesday, August 14, 2019

A Prayer to Restore Family Unity

A prayer to restore family unity...

Father God,

I cry out to You, Abba, with a heart grieving over the unstable, broken, and chaotic condition of my family! You have richly blessed me with this gift; yet, we have fallen prey to the enemy in his declaration to demolish Your beautiful creation. LORD, I realize I have forsaken Your perfect and delightful design for the family, and I repent, in The Name of Jesus!

LORD, I choose today to follow Your Master Design for a Godly family. To rebuild this family system according to Your will, I am leaning into You for wisdom, truth, and strength. I ask You to reveal to me my God-ordained roles and responsibilities, and all that is required of me to receive the covering of Your blessings in my household.

LORD, Jesus, I invite You into my heart and my home. I release and surrender my family to You and Your care. I give You permission to do what is necessary to chasten, convict, heal, and restore, so that nothing is hindering us from giving glory to You, Precious Father, through the heart of our family. Jesus, I claim the victory of Your priceless Blood-covering over my family! I pray for healing and peace where chaos has ensued, and for us to be lifted from the bondage of the enemy, in The Name of Jesus!

Father, show me how to see my precious family through the Christ lens; lead me to love them as You love us; remind me what it looks like to take up my cross and follow You. Lay it on my heart that I am a new creation, dying to self, so I may serve my beloved family with a pure heart and extend to them the same forgiveness, grace and mercy You have shown me.

I praise You for Your cleansing, healing love, and I give You all the glory, LORD. Only You can redeem and restore what is lost and broken, and I place all my faith and trust in You.

In Jesus Christ’s Holy and Righteous Name, I pray these things,
Amen.

Joshua 24:15
But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Genesis 2:24
For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Mark 10:9
Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger; instead, bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Ephesians 6:1
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

Colossians 3:14
And over all these virtues put on love, which is the bond of perfect unity.

Ephesians 2:19
Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's household,

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

Ephesians 5:25-28
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might [a]sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.