Thursday, July 14, 2022

A prayer of Restoration


Holy and Heavenly Father God, .

You are El Roi, The God Who Sees every hurt, loss, and unmet need. Jesus, I praise You that You have always been with me, but it grieves my heart that you have also seen all the wrong ways I have been trying to fill the void in my heart. I have constantly tried to prove my worth by measuring myself against the faulty standards of others. But, Your Word and Truth is the righteous and holy standard by which I now desire to live! You are the Good Portion Who meets every need! Jesus, You alone determine my value!

Father, I come before You in complete surrender, and as one who is emotionally crippled and spiritually depleted. I cannot carry this burden or navigate through this alone. Every attempt I have made to direct my life has resulted in chaos, confusion, bitterness, and despair. By not inviting You in, I have only given the enemy power in my life. You, LORD, are seated on The Throne and You are in control! Father, I pray in the Name of Jesus, that You will bind up and cast out all things that have prevented me from living as the authentic being You formed long ago; that You will remove the shackles of loss, grief, anger, false beliefs, false standards, control, perfectionism, unmet needs, disillusionment, shame, and a hardened heart. I release this all to You, and I chose today to walk with You in freedom, forgiveness, mercy and truth!

LORD, I pray You will enable me to experience the cleansing power that You provide through our tears and remind me that You are never far away. My Father, I thank You for comforting me as I grieve and mourn the losses; for gently wiping away every tear; and for nurturing every sorrow, as only a Daddy can do.

Thank You, Jesus, for removing the stain of sin and shame on my life, and for applying Your Balm to my wounds. I pray You will always reveal to me when I am trying to “fix” things through my own efforts or dependent upon others for my happiness, that I may bring it all to Your Throne of Grace for exchange. I choose to release these chains to You and to be God-dependent. Remind me, LORD, that You decided my worth when You shed Your Precious Blood for me.