Thursday, March 17, 2022

Are the Headlines Overwhelming?


Are the headlines overwhelming?  They are for me.  It’s a lot going on if you’re paying attention.  The ramifications of the decisions in the leadership globally, the media nationally, and the culture in some areas have turned the world upside down literally. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Some of us have different capacities on how much we can watch, process, and analyze.  For much of the past month,  I had to put my phone down and remember to focus on the things around me. Taking the time to almost force myself to come up with things that I am thankful for, things that are lovely, and pure. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

In the absence of logic and even at the peak of human ‘progression’, the Lord is our firm foundation.  I’m finding that when the gusts of each headline evoke fear and have me operating in my emotions, I’ve lost my footing in the Lord.  It’s time to take a break and remember Who is actually in charge here and remember that all of these things must come to pass. 

Praying that God will use me, use all of us, and each of you to build His kingdom while we have time here on earth. 

“Then we will no longer be little children, tossed by the waves and blown around by every wind of teaching, by human cunning with cleverness in the techniques of deceit.” Ephesians‬ ‭4:14‬ ‭CSB‬‬