Thursday, July 15, 2021

God Chooses the Broken

God uses us because of our flaws and mistakes, not in spite of them. Our imperfections and struggles create humility, and increase our dependence upon Him. As we travel towards our final destination, we are engaged in a transformative process of being made whole, and holy unto Him. Until that day, we should rest assured that His grace sufficiently fills in the gap; be grateful and rejoice that His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. Our human frailties remind us of our unending need for our precious Savior! Jesus is the Balm for brokenness, and He adorns the afflicted with salvation! We could never in our own efforts cleanse sufficiently to come before Him; but, He is faithful to meet us where we are - and HE does the cleansing and sanctification...HE makes all things new. Once we get a good look at Him up close, fully surrendered to His will and receiving the regenerating power of The Holy Spirit, our natural desire is to witness as appointed servants for The Kingdom of God. Arise, and receive your anointing! Claim your promised, imperishable crown of beauty for ashes, that The LORD your God may be glorified!

1 Corinthians 1:27-29

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence.

Mark 2:17

When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

II Corinthians 12:9-10 

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Timothy 1:15

This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst.

Proverbs 22:4

The rewards of humility and the fear of the LORD are wealth and honor and life.

Ephesians 3:8

Though I am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

Acts 26:16

But get up and stand on your feet. For I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen from Me and what I will show you.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!

Psalm 149:4

For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He adorns the afflicted with salvation.

Isaiah 61:10

I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation and wrapped me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom wears a priestly headdress, as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.


Isaiah 61:3

to console the mourners in Zion--to give them a crown of beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and a garment of praise for a spirit of despair. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.