Monday, November 9, 2020

Rejoice!


These final lines of Habakkuk’s prayer, and the way his book closes, are some of the most beautiful and gut-wrenching passages of prayer in the bible.

Even through loss, uncertainty, scarcity, famine, and drought, yet I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.

That kind of response in those kinds of circumstances requires deep faith.

I pray that we can have this song in our hearts to carry us through this very difficult season. That we, too, would rejoice out of a place of deep faith and trust that the Lord will strengthen us and carry us through.

“Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls— Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills.”

‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭3:17-19‬ ‭