Monday, May 20, 2019

A Prayer For Restoration of Peace

LORD God,

I pray that today and every day Your peace will rule my heart...

I ask Your forgiveness for the things I have allowed to steal my peace - envy, guilt, self-centeredness, pride, bitterness, fear, and doubt. I choose to unite with You, to put away these things, and replace them with Your Fruits of The Spirit...

Father, I surrender my mind, will, emotion, and conduct to You, and pray that The Prince of Peace will reign supremely in my heart. In The Name of Jesus, I ask for deliverance and strength to resist the enemy in his desire to wreak havoc on my emotions and thought life. I pray for discernment of Your Will and Truth, and I invite You in to purify my heart and sustain me as I keep my thoughts captive in Christ...

When I feel violated, I will forgive;
When I feel envious, I will edify and bless;
When I feel bitter or resentful, I will extend love and grace;
When I feel the need to vindicate, I will show mercy;
When I am afraid, I will be faithful and trust in You;
When I am skeptical, I will cling to Your Truth;
When I feel prideful, self-centered, or a need to control, I will surrender to Your Will;
When I feel guilt or shame, I will seek Your forgiveness and remember there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.

I thank You and praise You, Father, for the comfort of Your promises and Your gift of eternal peace. I pray that today and every day I will walk in the peace I am called to and honor You in my thoughts and actions.

In The Name of Jesus, my precious and beautiful Savior, I pray these things,
Amen!

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Romans 14:19
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

2 Corinthians 10:5
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Philippians 4:7
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:22-26
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.