Monday, February 12, 2018

Antidote for Anxiety

Let us fix our eyes on our one true necessity...The Good Portion...that which cannot be shaken or taken.

Let us lay our burdens at His feet and listen to the whisper of His Word, receiving His Truth deep into our hearts.

And as we lean into Him and take His yoke instead, our worries of today will dissipate and disintegrate. For His burden is light and, as we come to know Him, we will receive His rest forevermore.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Luke 10:39-42
She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me." But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."